After mechanisation, the introduction of mineral fertiliser and the industrialisation of production processes, connectivity and data management are now set to unleash the next revolution in the history of farming: Smart Farming.
Precision agriculture has been an evolving reality for some time. It has now reached a point where it is not only possible to collect vast quantities of data but also to control different pieces of equipment or monitor individual animals, the Internet of Things. A growing number of farmers are starting to adopt digital technology and data-driven innovations.
What new business models will be successful? Will new players disrupt the traditional farming landscape? How to deal with changes (from traditional farmer to smart farmer)? How to identify and develop innovative methods for sustainable food production? The Smart Farming Conference will answer these kind of questions.
Focus topics are:
- Available technologies for Farming 4.0 (drones (air/land), sensors /sensor network, Internet of Things, Big Data, Robotics, Machine Learning/ Artificial Intelligence, etc)
- Precision agriculture
- How to deal with change (from traditional farmer to farmer 4.0)
- Cooperation/Sharing Information
- Plant and crop science for improved resource-use efficiency (water, nutrients, waste)
- Investment in research and development by growers and industry groups
- Economic, business and social issues
- Legal and regulatory issues
- Cross disciplinary themes
Who should attend?
Farmers | Growers | Agricultural industry | Technology suppliers (corporate, start-up) | System integrators | Governmental bodies (Local, Regional, National) | Project developers | Finance / Consulting | Logistics suppliers | anyone interested in smart farming
The Smart Farming Conference is part of a two-day Agri Food Innovation Event (June 27-28, 2018) that includes 4 dedicated conferences and a Smart Food Farming exhibition: